Friday, June 7, 2013

Member Business and Craft Spotlight - Ashley Boswell with Moms on a Mission.



Name: Ashley Boswell

Location: Charleston, WV

Name of your business if you have one: 
Not really a "business," but a non-profit group.
Moms on a Mission

What is it you make?

A little bit of everything!  We make awareness ribbons, wedding items, crocheted items, jewelry, mesh wreaths, hair accessories, baked goodies, and signs and banners to name a few. We are quite a diverse group of ladies and try to showcase ALL of our talents!


How long have you been making and selling your crafts?

Since we were founded about a year ago!


What inspired you to start? 

A few friends and I wanted to start a group based on the busy and sometimes hectic life of being a mom, while making a difference in our local community. We started making crafty items to raise more funding for some of our events that we host.


Were the crafts easy for you to learn?

Some things come easily. Some do not. Some still don't for me, but do for others! But that's okay, but I excel at some things that others do not. Since we are a group, and not just one person, it really helps with that. If I can't understand something, usually someone else does!


What's the price range on your items?

We sell some things from 3 for $1 and all the way up to $250 packages. Since we make a LARGE variety of things, we have pricing flexibility.


Do you take on commissions or personalize items?

Most definitely! We have a whole "Custom Orders" section in our Etsy store and are HAPPY to try and help as many people as we can!


What has been your most favorite creation?

My personal favorite item to make is wedding bouquets & sets. I love weddings. I love helping make things for weddings as well as plan them! My favorite thing from the ladies in my group is the awesome crochet items that they can come up with! I taught myself to crochet but their skills are on a whole other level!


What has been your least favorite?
I don't have a least favorite. If I did, I don't think I would offer it anymore!

Where can we find your items?

https://www.facebook.com/MomsOnAMissionWV and

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MOMWVCraftsforaCause

No comments:

Post a Comment